Planning & Development
The Department provides planning and zoning consultation to the local towns and villages on an as needed basis, reviews and updates the County Comprehensive Plan, develops the County Capitol Improvement Plan and undertakes projects that are deemed to provide a positive impact for the community as a whole and are consistent with the policies adopted under the County Comprehensive Plan.
In 2018 Yates County has implemented new grant programs -- a new EFC Septic Grant and the Yates County Natural & Recreational Resources Grant. Information on these grants and reference materials can be found in the links below.
- Yates County Comprehensive Plan:2020
- Planning and Zoning Referrals (PDF) - A Guide for Local Officials
- YCPB Minutes
- Referral Form - Download for Fillable Version (PDF)
- Waterfront Revilalization Program (PDF)
- 14A Corridor Study (PDF)
- New York State Training Opportunities
- 2021 YCPB Meeting Schedule
- Model Ordinance Solar v7 (PDF)
- New York State Model 331Solar Energy Law (PDF)
- Solar Energy Regulation PP with Attachments (PDF)
- Zoning for Solar Energy Resource Guide (PDF)
County Grant Fund Information:
UPDATE: The EFC has not provided further funding for the Septic Repair and Replacement Grant in 2021.
The Yates County Natural & Recreational Resources Grant Application Deadline for the 2021 Round is February 1, 2021 at 4pm. Award announcements are scheduled for March 8, 2021.