Planning & Development
The Department provides planning and zoning consultation to the local towns and villages on an as needed basis, reviews and updates the County Comprehensive Plan, develops the County Capitol Improvement Plan and undertakes projects that are deemed to provide a positive impact for the community as a whole and are consistent with the policies adopted under the County Comprehensive Plan.
In 2018 Yates County has implemented new grant programs -- a new EFC Septic Grant and the Yates County Natural & Recreational Resources Grant. Information on these grants and reference materials can be found in the links below.
- Yates County Comprehensive Plan (Searchable PDF) - This is the original 1974/5 Plan.
- Planning and Zoning Referrals (PDF) - A Guide for Local Officials
- Planning Board Member List (PDF) Updated October 6, 2017
- Agenda February 22, 2018 (PDF)
- YCPB Minutes
- Referral Form - Download for Fillable Version (PDF)
- Waterfront Revilalization Program (PDF)
- 14A Corridor Study (PDF)
- New York State Training Opportunities
- 2018 SPRING GFLRPC Workshop
- 2018 YCPB Meeting Schedule
- Model Ordinance Solar v7 (PDF)
- New York State Model 331Solar Energy Law (PDF)
- Solar Energy Regulation PP with Attachments (PDF)
- Zoning for Solar Energy Resource Guide (PDF)
County Grant Fund Information:
There are several new grant programs offered by Yates County with links to the applications below. The EFC Septic Grant is for residential and small commercial septic systems within 250 feet of Canandaigua, Keuka and Seneca Lakes that are in need of repair or replacement after being inspected by the authority having jurisdiction (Watershed Inspector, KWIK, Code Enforcement, etc.) Qualifying expenses after March 1, 2018 may be reimbursed at 50% up to $10,000.00. Contact the Planning Offices for further details to see if you qualify. The link to the EFC grant program can be found here: https://www.efc.ny.gov/SepticReplacement