Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- The program offers information, resources, and referrals for children who may require health or related services of a type or amount beyond that typically required by children
- No cost to families
- Birth to 21 years
Early Intervention (EI) Program is a state wide program that serves children birth to 3 years of age.
- The EI Program provides many services to families with children birth to age 3 with a suspected developmental delay or diagnosed condition
- Referrals can be made by a parent, physician, daycare provider or other adult involved in the child's life
- Services are based on the needs of the child and services can be provided in the family home or a community setting, services may include:
- Service Coordination
- Special Instruction
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
For more information, visit NYS Department of Health Early Intervention Program
Child Find monitors children birth to 3 years of age who are at risk for delay in development.
- A Public Health Nurse will talk to you over the phone or make a home visits as necessary for guidance about your child's growth and development
- Growth and development screenings and assessments may be done if not already done by your doctor
Preschool Special Education Program
This program provides services to children age 3 to 5 years old who exhibit delays in development that may affect academic success.
- To make a referral. parents can call the Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) in the district where they live
- A team of professionals will evaluate your child
- Eligibility will be determined by the CPSE
- Yates County contracts and pays for the evaluations, services and transportation if needed for eligible children
For more information, visit Preschool Home Special Education
All programs are voluntary and provided at no cost to families.
Parent/Guardian Resources and Support
Child Mind - Family Resource Center
Yates Community Center
Parent to Parent NYS
Yates County Child and Family Resources, Inc.
Penn Yan Public Library Children Programs
Dundee Library Children Programs
Branchport Library Children Programs
(Last updated 5/17/2023)