- Youth Bureau
- Distinguished Youth Award
Distinguished Youth Award
This award will be presented quarterly by the Yates County Youth Board. Each recipient will be honored at a Yates County Legislature meeting.
To recognize youth who are positive role models, have performed outstanding service for their community, and/or have assumed extraordinary roles within their families.
- Nominees must be a resident of or attend school in Yates County and be in grades 6-12; if a group comprised of youths, that entity shall be located in Yates County. Nominations outside this age range may be considered under special circumstances.
- If an athlete or sports team, it should be for performance of a community service benefiting the county residents, as awards for athletic performance already exist.
- Community service projects for which school credit is received or fulfill requirements for other awards will be considered if the youth goes above and beyond the required level of participation.
- Nominations may be submitted by any Yates County resident, or a group of residents; the entity for whom the service was performed, or an entity on behalf of the recipient entity; any municipality, school, religious group, and so forth.
- Nominations from family members will be accepted, only if accompanied by a supporting recommendation from a non-family member.
- This award gives recognition to youth who may not receive it otherwise.
- Award selection shall be made on a quarterly basis and determined by members of the Yates County Youth Board.
Access the nomination form (PDF). Submit nominations to:
Yates County Youth Bureau
417 Liberty Street, Suite 2120
Penn Yan, NY 14527
- First quarter - March 6
- Second quarter - June 6
- Third quarter - October 6
- Fourth quarter - December 6
Recipients will be notified by the Yates County Youth Bureau.