Board of Elections
Changes in election law
Registration window is open right up to Early Voting
Voters with incomplete registrations can vote by Affidavit on Election Day
Extensive voter registration information is available on line at NYSBOE
Voters can apply for an absentee ballot on line: https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/
- Robert (Bob) F. Brechko, Democratic Commissioner
- Robert (Rob) H. Schwarting, Republican Commissioner
- Ruth (Toad) Bouchard, Democratic Deputy Commissioner
- Sheila (Sheila) Burt, Republican Deputy Commissioner
Register To Vote
To register to vote, see forms to the left and select Voter Registration Form -fillable on line.
2023 Town and County Elections
- Offices to be elected will be posted in late January, no later than February 1st
- Candidate information packets will be available on or about February 6th.
- Nominating Petitions for party line positions, subject to State announcements, will probably circulate from February 28th to April 4th. Independent Petitions will circulate after that.
- Once the State has announced its schedule and requirements, the Candidate section of this website will be updated.
Three Options for Convenient, Safe Voting
- Apply for an Absentee Ballot Download forms - See link to Forms to the left of this page
- Vote early during the nine days before the General Election, at the County Office Building. Starting Saturday, October 28th, 2023 and ending Sunday, November 5, 2023, between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, with the exception of Tuesday, October 31st and Thursday, November 2rd, Early Voting hours will be Noon - 8:00pm.
- Vote at your local poll site on General Election Day during the hours of 6:00am and 9:00pm
The Board of Elections will offer extended hours just before the 2023 General Election on Tuesday, October 24, 2023 and Thursday, October 26th until 7PM at our office at 417 Liberty Street so voters can obtain absentee ballots for the Elections
Becoming a Candidate or an Election Inspector
To learn more, view List of Board of Elections Annual Reports.