Board of Elections
EARLY VOTING BY MAIL
Starting January 1st, 2024, registered voters may request an application from the Yates County Board of Elections to vote EARLY BY MAIL. Visit the BOE or call: 315-536-5135. Voting by mail, in this fashion, allows voters a 4th option to vote. Voters may select which or all of 4 elections they want a ballot mailed to them.
Changes in Election Law
Registration window is open right up to Early Voting
Voters with incomplete registrations can vote by Affidavit on Election Day
Extensive voter registration information is available on line at NYSBOE
Voters can apply for an absentee ballot on line: https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/
Felons, who are no longer incarcerated are eligible to vote, and may register at the Board of Elections or using the online-fillable registration form found in FORMS on the left of this page.
Members of Your Board of Elections Office Staff
- Robert (Bob) F. Brechko, Democratic Commissioner
- Robert (Rob) H. Schwarting, Republican Commissioner
- Ruth (Toad) Bouchard, Democratic Deputy Commissioner
- Sheila (Sheila) Burt, Republican Deputy Commissioner
Register To Vote
To register to vote, see; FORMS to the left and select Voter Registration Form -fillable on line, print, sign and send to the BOE 417 Liberty St. Penn Yan, NY 14527
Four Options for Convenient, Safe Voting
- Apply for an Early Vote by Mail ballot.
- Apply for an Absentee Ballot Download forms - See link to FORMS to the left of this page.
- Vote early during the nine days before the Presidential Primary, at the County Office Building, starting Saturday, March 23rd, 2024 and ending Saturday, March 30th, 2024. Hours will be posted here.
3. Vote at your local poll site on Presidential Primary Election Day during the hours of 6am and 9pm.
The Board of Elections will offer extended hours just before the 2024 Presidential Primary General prior to the election.
Becoming a Candidate or an Election Inspector
The Board is always looking for new Election Inspectors. Please contact either Commissioner at the Board of Elections, [email protected] or [email protected] for assistance. There are comprehensive assistance and training seminars during the year.
To learn more, view List of Board of Elections Annual Reports.