Board of Elections
- Robert (Bob) F. Brechko, Democratic Commissioner
- Robert (Rob) H. Schwarting, Republican Commissioner
- Ruth (Toad) Bouchard, Democratic Deputy Commissioner
- Sheila (Sheila) Burt, Republican Deputy Commissioner
Independent Petitions and Guidance may be obtained from the Board of Elections Office. Candidates MUST register their independent party name and emblem in the BOE Office.
Register To Vote
To register to vote, view New York Registration Form (PDF).
2021 Election News and Dates
- Small Primary Election - June 22nd - Polls open 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Early Voting June 12th - 20th (See hours below)
- Town of Starkey - Republican - 2 Candidates for Town Justice
- Town of Milo - Republican - 6 Candidates for 4 Legislative seats
- General Election- November 2rd - Polls open 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Early Voting October 23th - October 3st (see hours below)
Three Options for Convenient, Safe Voting
- Apply for Absentee Ballot - 2 ways to do it
- State Portal: https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/
- Down Load forms - See link to FORMs to the left of this page
- Vote early - See below
- Vote at your local poll site on Election Day
Wider Absentee Ballot Eligibility Continues
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Governor has authorized a broad definition of "Temporarily Ill" so that any voter who may spread the virus or is concerned about contracting the virus while voting in person at a poll site may apply for and obtain an absentee ballot for the June Primaries, if any, and the November General Election in 2021
Early Voting Location and Hours
Early Voting will be for 9 days preceding an Election, in the County Clerk’s Closing Room in the County Office Building 417 Liberty Street, Penn Yan, NY.
- Saturday 1st and 8th days, and Sunday 2nd and 9th days, the hours shall be 9 AM - 2 PM
- Monday 3rd, Wednesday 5th and Friday 7th days, the hours shall be 9 AM to 5 PM
- Tuesday 4th and Thursday 6th. the hours shall be 9 AM to 8 PM
Becoming a Candidate or an Election Inspector
Please contact either Commissioner at the Board of Elections, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. There are comprehensive assistance and training seminars during the year.
To learn more, view List of Board of Elections Annual Reports.