Job Seeker Services
Free Online Learning
SkillUp® Finger Lakes delivers flexible, self-paced learning that can be accessed from anywhere with a high-speed internet connection, 24/7. Users will complete a self-assessment of their skills, identify any skill gaps, and automatically receive recommended courses to remediate those gaps. Click the image below to start today!
The New York State Department of Labor is partnering with Coursera, the leading online training provider. Through Coursera, unemployed New Yorkers will have access to nearly 4,000 programs across high-growth industries and can hone skills in data science, business, and technology. Many of these programs are pathways to certifications, professional certificates and can help elevate your career. Click the image below to start today!
Finger Lakes Community College's Career Coach allows you build your resume fast and easy and is free to the public! Sign up today and you can also take Career Assessments as well as Browse Jobs and Educational Programs. Click on the Image Below to get started!
Unemployment Insurance Information:
Click on the image below to file your claim today!
Services for Individuals with Disabilities:
Click the link below for information on employment services through Acces-VR:
Information for Veterans:
Priority services are offered to veterans, eligible spouses, and dependents. We provide the following services for those who have served in the military:
- Career Counseling
- Skills assessment
- Job search assistance/support
- Resume preparation
- List of civil service and other job opportunities
- Referrals to other agencies for supports and services
- Veteran specific referrals
Career Exploration Resources
- The leading Job Skills Assessment System in the nation, measuring "real world" skills that are critical to success. The CRC assesses individuals on three levels: bronze, silver, and gold. Click here to check out WorkKeys.
- Take a career interest assessment. Finding a career that fits your values and skills is important to longevity and satisfaction.
- Go to www.mynextmove.org/ interest profile to see positions you may be interested in.
- Meet with a career center representative to develop a job search plan, create a resume, target companies that fit, prepare for interviews, and develop the skills needed to be successful in the workforce.
Need help with...
Cover Letters: Click here!
Interview Skills: Click here!