Workforce Development is here to help your business utilize resources to increase the skills and efficiency of your staff and double your training budget!
This is a 50% match reimbursement for a training to update the skills of one or more of your eligible employees. (up to $3,000 per business per year)
Provides businesses the opportunity to support the skill development for a “new hire”, while offsetting a portion of the wages during that identified training period. (50% reimbursement of wages up to $3,000-$5,000)
Upgrade On-the-Job Training
Provides businesses the opportunity to improve the skillset of an individual eligible employee moving into a new position, while offsetting a portion of the wages during that identified training period.
(50% reimbursement of wages up to $3,000-$5,000; employee must receive a 10% wage increase upon commencement of training)
*Eligible candidates are making less than $25.00/hr. and in need of training.
*Funding is competitive and may not always be available. Check with your local Business Service Rep.
TALENT ATTRACTION AND RECRUITMENT
- Free Job Posting in the NYSDOL Job Bank and in the weekly County job leads
- Information on Job Fairs and Recruitments in the region
- Promotion of job postings on social media
- Labor Market Information- Historical look-back/projections of labor data
- Wage Analysis- How do your wages compare? What’s a starting wage for a position?
- Tax Incentive Information- Employment-based tax credits to cut federal and state tax liability
- Assistance developing job postings
- Support Services for businesses that are down-sizing
If you would like to hear more about the services that Yates County Workforce Development can provide feel free to contact me by phone, email or to schedule a business visit.
Lisa Principio, Finger Lakes Works-Yates
417 Liberty St, Penn Yan, NY 14527
(315) 536-5140 ext-5