Tools & Resources
- File an Unemployment Claim: https://labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance.shtm
- 599 Information (Training while on Unemployment): http://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/599Program.shtm#5991
Information for Veterans:
Priority services are offered to veterans, eligible spouses, and dependents. We provide the following services for those who have served in the military:
- Career Counseling
- Skills assessment
- Job search assistance/support
- Resume preparation
- List of civil service and other job opportunities
- Referrals to other agencies for supports and services
- Veteran specific referrals
Career Exploration Resources
- Online courses in computer software, finance, IT, and business. Programs are available in desktop computer skills, including MS Office, Lotus Notes, and QuickBooks Finance. There are also programs available that cover courses in accounting, human resources and administration, project management and leadership, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, and some manufacturing skills, computer technology including A+, Network +, programming and networking. By completing the Metrix program, you will gain knowledge necessary for successful employment and receive a certificate of completion at the end of each course. Click here to learn about Metrix Online Learning.
- The leading Job Skills Assessment System in the nation, measuring "real world" skills that are critical to success. The CRC assesses individuals on three levels: bronze, silver, and gold. Skills gaps, once determined, can be addressed through an online training program, KeyTrain, targeted to develop and increase WorkKeys skills. Click here to check out WorkKeys. Click here to learn how KeyTrain can help you prepare for an educational program.
- Take a career interest assessment. Finding a career that fits your values and skills is important to longevity and satisfaction.
- Go to www.mynextmove.org/ interest profile to see positions you may be interested in.
- Meet with a career center representative to develop a job search plan, create a resume, target companies that fit, prepare for interviews, and develop the skills needed to be successful in the workforce.
Need help with...
Resumes: Click here!
Cover Letters: Click here!
Interview Skills: Click here!
Tips for Filling out an Application: Click here!