Working Papers                             

In NYS, anyone under 18 (minors) must show an employment certificate before they may begin work. Many people call this “working papers."

All young people, in or out of school, can apply at any public high school or school district office. During school vacation periods, these offices stay open part-time to issue working papers. Click on your district below to obtain contact information to get your working papers:

MustangLogodundee Opens in new windowMW button Opens in new window

Click Here for Additional Information on Working Papers and Youth Employment Rules