How are STDs spread?
- Vaginal, anal, and oral sex
- Some STDs (herpes, HPV) are spread through skin to skin contact
How can you protect yourself from STDs
- The surest way to protect yourself is to abstain from sex
- If you decide to have sex, use condoms correctly, every time
- Avoid using alcohol and drugs, as they can lead to risky behaviors
- Many STDs do not cause symptoms, so regular testing is recommended
Are you at risk?
- A daily pill can prevent HIV infection
- If you are HIV negative and want to protect yourself from HIV, PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) may be right for you
- Talk to your doctor to discuss if PrEP may be an option
June 27th is National HIV Testing Day
For information on where to get tested visit: https://gettested.cdc.gov/ or call Yates County Public Health at 315-536-5160