If you have recently traveled to China and feel sick with fever, cough, or trouble breathing, you should:
- Seek medical care right away. Call ahead and tell them about your travel and symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others. Stay home, except for seeking medical care.
- Avoid further travel until the illness resolves.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
The 2019 novel coronavirus may cause mild to severe respiratory symptoms like:
- trouble breathing and
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes at this time that symptoms may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus. For current information about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, go to the CDC microsite at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html