Who should I notify if I want to burn something?

If you are planning a controlled burn at your residence, property or place of business you should first call the dispatch center.  The phone number to report controlled burns is 315-536-3033.  By notifying the dispatch center of you plan to burn material, it lessens the chances of an unnecessary Fire Department response to your location.  In the event your burn becomes out of control call 911 immediately to request the Fire Department.

Note: Open burning is not allowed within the Villages of Penn Yan, Dundee, or Dresden.  Large or unique burns may also be subject to Encon or fire department approval.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between bail, bonds and fines?
2. Can I pay bail, bonds and fines at the jail and, if so, how do I do it?
3. Where can I get information on boating and snowmobile safety and courses?
4. Where can I get a child safety seat, or information about proper installation?
5. Who should I notify if I want to burn something?
6. Can I have my fingerprints taken for a pistol permit, adoption or similar application?
7. What is Freedom of Information Law and how can I get information about Sheriff's Office records?
8. Does the Sheriffs Office do property checks?
9. How do I apply for a pistol permit, and where do I go?
10. How can I get current information for local road conditions during storms?
11. How can I learn about the sex offender laws, and about sex offenders living in Yates County?
12. How do I formally recognize or make a complaint concerning an employee of the Sheriff's Office?