How do I get an absentee ballot?

You must submit a signed application by mail or in person, to your county Board of Elections. Depending on the situation, we will either mail a ballot to you or issue it to you right then. Individuals who are permanently disabled, who are unable to get to the polls may apply for Permanent Absentee Status which means that a ballot will be sent each  time they are eligible to vote, all General Elections, Primaries in their party, School and Library Elections.

Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an absentee ballot?
2. How do I change my political party enrollment?
3. What are the requirements/procedures to run for political office?
4. What are the platforms/beliefs of the various political parties?
5. How do I get a replacement voter registration card?
6. How do I get excused from jury duty?
7. How do I know you received my voter registration application?
8. What if I move within Yates County – do I need to notify your office?
9. If I am registered in another county within New York and move to Yates County, is my voter registration automatically transferred?
10. How do I become an election Inspector?
11. Why do you send me a voter card every year?
12. Is our voting system secure?
13. What is Early Voting